Saturday was a high of 88 degrees!!! Lucky for me I didn't spend any time at all trapped in my hot box house without air conditioning! I woke up early, made lemon bars, shaved the heck out of my legs and put on shorts for the first time this year. Okay, that's probably a lie, because LA is so good to me, I wore shorts last month. Then I covered myself in sunscreen and got stuck in LA Saturday traffic between buying oreos, an ipod speaker and picking up fried chicken for the Relief Society picnic. We picnicked at Roxbury Park and found out that the city of Beverly Hills has a law against flying kites? Lame. So we flung ourselves around with a giant rubberband. SO FUN! Afterwards me and a couple girls decided to brave beach traffic and went to Santa Monica for some ice cream and pier walking. Disappointed that I didn't find the perfect floppy hat but it was still a fun day!
Also, sharing my first ever attempt at a self-binded blanket. It turned out okay... one corner was a little funky but I think I know how to avoid that next time. This was donated to our Stake's Youth Auction. I have no idea how much it auctioned for, but I'm sure it was highly sought after, right next to the VIP Dancing With the Stars tickets.

No comments:
Post a Comment